Business Support & Marketing Assistant
University of Warwick Science Park LTD
The Venture Centre, Sir William Lyons Road, Coventry, CV4 7EZ
Minerva Business Angels, part of the University of Warwick Science Park, is one of the fastest growing Business Angel groups in the UK. Angel investors provide an essential investment into start-ups and high growth companies seeking access to finance to grow. Minerva helps curate these companies to become investment ready, giving them access to our growing number of Minerva Investment Groups, which currently stands at 10. We provide in these groups a forum to stimulate debate and thus facilitate access to investment from our pool of Angels. Our role is to help support both sides of the equation, investors and companies, come together so they can independently discover the best proposition for both parties.
The successful candidate will be pivotal in supporting the delivery, administration, marketing, and supporting the operation of our events programme.
The successful candidate will have experience in: –
- The implementation of digital and social media marketing plans with experience in supporting website updates, liaising with media/PR outlets, use of social media to run campaigns
- Event management including working with third parties in the delivery of events, the organisation thereof and the management of attendees, including their details in a GDPR complaint manner
- Financial Administration, to include inputting invoices, gathering information to correctly invoice both companies and angels and supporting any late payments
- Provide and administer information to enable Minerva to work in a compliant manner as required by the FCA
- Help with the management of our investor pool, including the need to ensure they meet the needs of FCA Regulations
- Support the Head of Minerva in the delivery of the necessary services to support its growth plans
- Microsoft Office skills with excel proficiency
- Working in a busy environment but equally happy to work on their own including travelling to events and managing them on their own
- Taking on several diverse tasks
- The role involves working some evenings and weekends and off-campus plus UK travel
Salary will be paid at £22,017-£25,482 subject to experience, skills and the capacity to work out of normal office hours when required. The role comes with generous holidays and benefits, and the advantage of joining the Heritage pension scheme. This is a full-time position of 36.50 hours per week.
Please send your application and a covering letter to: Sian Edwards at firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: Sunday 28th July 2019
Interview date: Wednesday 7th August 2019 & Thursday 8th August 2019
If you have not heard from us by Friday 2nd August please consider your application unsuccessful.