Minerva, part of the University of Warwick Science Park, is a network of Business Angels with ten investment groups based in the Midlands, London and Northwest. We work as a network of individuals with like minded goals meeting regulalrly to discuss opportunities.
Increasingly we are co-investing together with corporate partners which has increased our investment capability.
Through our instutional colaborations with the the univeristies of Aston, Birmingham, Loughborough, Nottiningham, Nottingham Trent, John Moores and Warwick Business School – London we deliver our investment groups and help failicate access to any available support from these great insitutions. With our other colaborators Sci-Tech Daresbury and Black Country Growth Hub we have further extended our coverage and local support.
- Are you looking to work with like-minded people from wide and varied careers to help both established and fledgling companies grow?
- Are you looking to give something back?
- Are you willing to invest with your colleagues and where required support businesses to grow?
- Do you have the capability to invest regularly?
- Can you meet the Financial Conduct Authority’s criteria for what is described as a High Net Worth Individual or Sophisticated Investor?
- Are you looking for money for growth and expansion?
- Do you have a detailed Business Plan which identifies your need for investment and how you will use that money?
- Do you have a clear growth plan and your route to market/idea has been validated either by a history of sales or an external source?
- Can you evidence your assumptions and have sound reasoning for any valuation?
- What is your exit plan?
- How much of your own “skin is in the game,” i.e. what has been your investment in the business?